Saturday, December 10, 2011

5363 EDLD Week 4 Web Conference


5363 Week 4 Web Conference Reflections

December 5, 2011 was my fourth web conference for this class.  I must say, I enjoy the web conferences much more than I have with the other classes.  It seems we are more focused on the class assignment and curriculum than on information about the administrator’s test.  I am sure I will be as interested as the others have been when it is my time to take the exam.  This week we learned we should have included our blog and wiki posting on Week 3 assignment.  It’s not too late to email it to Dr. Abernathy with your Instructional Asst. name.  She will get it to them.  I only wished it had been in the overview and the assignment.  At times, I feel we find out things after the fact.  The Overview and the Assignment were different for Week 2 and there seemed to be a lot of controversy.  I will say, I have found irregularities in every class I have taken.  We should all do a better job at proofing, myself included. 

This week, Week 4 there are no discussion board postings!  Just production of the PSA!  Next week it should all be put together with narration and audio and then music with the title, closing credits, etc....

Also, we have to post either 2 or 3 web conference reflections.  She said she would take either.  I love the flexibility Dr. Abernathy has.  Learning is the main focus.  She is always available for her students to email or call her.  She is also  extremely supportive in teaching us new aspects of technology. 

We discussed the outside supervisors....Some people like me have one, some have two and one person has three.....Dr. A said we only need one....and we must meet with them 3 times.  That is all.

Carol Evans shared a free music site and all we have to do is credit the website at the end of the PSA if we use something from there.  http://www.royaltyfreemusic.com/free-music-resources.html  I explored it and it is awesome.  So many ways you can search for music:  by topic, mood, title, theme, etc… 

Tonight’s web conference ended too soon!  We are learning so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment